It’s not every day we get an internationally renowned magician performing on our stage. We don’t tend to get magicians in general to be honest. This year we will be welcoming Derren Brown’s Underground tour to the theatre in April.
Forget what you know about magic, Derren Brown’s show is some kind of psychological masterpiece where he will most likely delight and amaze you with his bag of tricks. You’ll stand no chance.
Derren is keeping the content of his show under wraps but has promised it will provide the same twists and turns his other shows have provided over the years.
We’ve summed up some of Derren’s greatest tricks, who knows which ones he will call upon during his show next week:
1. Successfully convinced three people to commit murder. He didn’t let them go through with it for obvious reasons.
2. Predicted the lottery. He didn’t cash his ticket in, otherwise he would probably have retired early and therefore not be performing on our stage next week.
3. Convinces James Corden to eat glass.
4. Makes a guy believe he is part of a zombie apocalypse.
5. Played Russian Roulette. Live. With a real gun and very real bullets.
One thing’s for sure, you are going to be in for a treat (or trick).
What does the man himself have to say about the show?
“Firstly it’s all the best material. So nothing feels like filler: it’s the absolute favourite routines, been picked from 15 years of touring. That’s a great starting point. Then I get to re-work them as the performer I am now, for some of them that’s 15 years on. But perhaps above all I have worked this in more than any previous show. I took a different production of it out to NYC, and have performed it pretty much every night for ten months: it’s reached point of total comfort for me, where everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong, every possibility has been explored, and it’s a total delight to go out and enjoy night after night.”
Derren Brown Underground comes to the Court for one week and one week only, 3 – 7 April 2018.
Watch the trailer for the show below.