1. There’s absolutely no Abba. At all. Listen to all of the songs from the show on our Spotify playlist below.
2. You may recognise Director Stephen’s face. He works just as well on stage as he does behind it. Check out his interview with Catherine Jones.
3. It’s totally gran friendly.
4. It has been rehearsed and performed during the heatwave, which is in stark contrast to Life in Theatre’s first production in 2012 in an old Methodist hall on Renshaw Street. The cast and crew had no heating, broken windows and the nightly fear of the roof caving in. They got the audience dancing out of their seats to keep warm and reviewers encouraged readers to bring coats and gloves!
5. The Director (Judy Craymer) and writer (Catherine Johnson) of the original Mamma Mia! Musical and movie not only gave her blessing to do the show, but also gave a donation to help with the original production. Her note read ‘I’m giving you this because I believe in you and I hope you succeed’. The Life In Theatre team went on to entertain 11,000 people that year.
6. The play is full of places and names that mean something to the show’s creator, Stephen Fletcher. His nephews Teddy and Alfie get a mention, as well as his Mum, Brenda, and the blushing bride in our show, Sally, is his sister. The original show was staged just before Sally became the real ‘Mrs Roberts’ in 2013.
7. Rehearsals have been spent practising routines alongside saving baby seagulls from the nearby warehouse seagull colony of Islington. They are fully fledged members of the crew now.
8. There has been a total of 6 different divas over three productions. Mia, one of the dancing Divas, first performed as a child-star in Our Day Out by Willy Russell back in 2008. She returns as a fully-fledged star of the future!
The Cast of ‘Our Day Out’
9. As well as an all-Liverpool cast, this is a very LIPA-heavy production with a great number of performers, band, crew and creatives having trained there. There is a total of 16 LIPA-trained alumni making up the Mam family.
10. The entire set has been painted by Michael Fletcher who plays Si in the show. He’s painted before, during and after rehearsals to create the brilliant set.
11. Hayley Sheen (you may know her by her maiden name, Hampson) and Lynn Francis (Sally and Mandy in our show) are a real-life Mum and Daughter duo. This is their first time working together on stage.
After last year’s success, we can’t wait for Mam! to arrive back on stage this month. Independent Liverpool card holders can get 15% off their tickets between Friday 13 and Wednesday 18 July.
To book tickets, contact Box Office on 0151 709 4321 or pop in to speak to them.
For an excellent pre-show bite to eat, why not try the Courtyard Bar & Kitchen next door. They are guaranteed to have you in your seat before the show starts.